Thursday, April 7, 2011

Count Your Blessings

Verse of the Day:
1 Thessalonians 5:18


Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


Being a senior in high school is a really busy time. There is just a lot going on at school between plays and scholarships and concerts and banquets and practices and then again actually doing SCHOOL WORK. Some days can seem never ending. Some days, it seems as though my project for economy class is the biggest thing in the world. Some days, I don't even realize how good I truly have it, just for the simple things in my life. Things like being able to get a great education and having food to eat every day. Things like having great friends and a wonderful and supportive family.


What I'm getting to is that our school projects and concerts are so small in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes we can get so caught up in the things in our daily lives that we forget to count our blessings and realize how much God has given us. I know between Kristy and I, we have done a lot of blogs about giving thanks to God, but I think it is so important. Think about the little things that are so vital to our daily lives that God has supplied for us and give Him thanks. Remember that all of these end-of-the-school-year events will soon pass, but God will remain.


The Simple Truth: Being busy can consume our lives, so much that we forget how much God has blessed us with.


Pray:


Lord, help me to realize that all of these things that take over my daily life are not as important as You. Thank you for all of the things you have given me. Help me to appreciate the little things in life. Help me to not be consumed by the craziness of my life. Amen.


Let your light shine.
-Lo

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to come across the two of yours blog! Some of those posts went straight to my heart and opened my eyes. Wonderfully written!

    ReplyDelete